First of all, Amazon is without a doubt the behemoth in the online book space. Let’s face it, no one has a broader reach today than Amazon, so why wouldn’t you want to market your precious new product where the potential buyers are likely to be found?
Secondly, Amazon makes it uber-easy for you to get your book into their system with their Kindle Direct Publishing program, or KDP. KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) is Amazon’s ebook publishing service. You can now upload both Kindle books and paperbacks via KDP.
The first step is to set up your Author Central Account at Amazon. This is a great way to market your book – you can create a personal profile, add editorial reviews of your book, upcoming events you might have scheduled and even add your blog feed. Everything you add to your Author Central Account will appear on Amazon.com.
There is no cost to set up your Author Central Account but the benefits and promotional value are priceless!
The many benefits of selling your low content books on Amazon
• Open to everyone: There are no restrictions as to who can upload books to the Amazon website. No matter where you live, if you have an Internet connection, you can publish your low content books on Amazon with KDP.
• Low cost of entry: There is no cost to enroll your low content book in KDP. The only cost that you would incur would be the cost of actually creating your product.
• Completely Scalable: There are no limits to the number of products you can upload to your kdp.amazon.com account. There are no limits to how many products you can sell. What more can you ask for?
• Amazon does the marketing: All you do is upload your book on KDP and let Amazon do most of the ‘heavy lifting’ from that point. Since it doesn’t cost you anything to upload it and Amazon has an amazing amount of traffic, you stand a good chance of making sales, even if you do absolutely zero additional marketing (although, it’s still a good idea to make the effort!).
• One upload and sell it everywhere! One upload to KDP and your low content book is front and center to potential buyers around the world. No other platform will give you the broad reach of Amazon and KDP. Your book can be purchased in the United States, Europe and virtually every place you can think of. KDP is available today in 175 countries.
By taking advantage of all of the amazing features offered free with your Author Central Account and Amazon’s KDP services, you can easily market your low content books with minimal effort and focus instead on getting out your next book.